Re: a question

Greetings!

On Wed, 28 May 2003 12:40:29 +0300 belu marian <marianbelu@easynet.ro>
wrote:

> Can you please help me in this matter? One of my friends cannot join a
> few sites because of firewall (messenger for example). Can you please
> tell me how he can get over it using computer?

Very easy: write an email to the firewall admin. If you don't want to
use the computer, phone him or walk by and invite him for a beer...
;-)

Naah, serious: either the access is blocked for a reason or the config
just does not meet requirements (e.g. access to http:88 needed but only
tcp/80 allowed in the "Web surfing is okay" rule in the packet filter).
Either way, politely asking the FW admin will give you either the reason
or access...

Bye

Volker Tanger

Besuchen Sie unsere neuen Internet-Seiten http://www.detewe.de .
Neues Highlight: Wunschproduktberater fuer den Home & Office-Bereich.

Visit our new Internet Pages on http://www.detewe.de .
Our Highlight: Online Product Adviser for Home & Office.
(Currently available in German only)