IMQ, Traffic Shaping across multiple interfaces.

Anyone used/using the IMQ device for traffic control?  I'm using Debian testing
and it looks like it's the only way to share/borrow bandwidth across multiple
outgoing interfaces.

I can't find the patches for iptables 1.2.7a, but I imagine that since I'll
have to compile it myself I might as well use 1.2.8 but I can't find the
patches for that either.  From what I've read, the 2.4.19 kernel patches will
work with 2.4.20.

What I've got is one internet link feeding down into as many as 8 outgoing
ethernet interfaces, 7 of them to LANs with private IP's, and 1 with public
ip's (as per the proxy-arp firewall information posted here earlier this
week).  I need to give each of the 7 inside networks and each public IP on the
last interface a ceiling, but I want to borrow from all of them for one
particular public IP.

Is there any other way to do this?  It seems with the IMQ device and a few htb
classes this would be pretty easy, but I really hate going outside the
packaging system if I don't have too.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Pulu

----
Afe.to ANTS
POB 1478
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Ph: Country code 676 - 27946 or 878-1332
http://www.afe.to
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=pulu

This mail sent from Tonga's Premiere Internet Cafe
Visit us online at http://www.cafe.afe.to
discussions @ http://www.nomoa.com/index.php
generic info @  http://www.tongatapu.net.to