I want to have my cake and eat it too

Hi

At my work we have the need to allow visitors to connect to the Internet from around our building.

We do not use DHCP internally. However, I'd like to configure DHCP for visitors and assign them addresses in the 192.168.0.xxx space with a gateway address of a Linux Server 192.168.0.10. I don't want visitors to know of our internal network

The server runs Debian and a 2.4 kernel and has a single physical interface eth0. I have configured a virtual interface, so that eth0 answers on two IP addresses
	135.90.195.10  (eth0)
	192.168.0.10  (eth0:1)

I had planned to use iptables to do NAT translations on the packets received on eth0:1 and then forward them to eth0 for access to the Internet.

I've now learnt that this won't work since iptables deals with physical interfaces, so if I put a second ethernet card in the server then I could iptables as I foolishly planned :-)

However, I really don't want to add another ethernet card. So my thoughts now are that I should be able to use iptables, but view it as a routing problem. Before I go too far down this path, suggestions or pointers would be appreciated.

Reagrds, ian