Re: CLOSING a web server!!!!!!

* Matthew Palmer (mjp16@ieee.uow.edu.au) [030207 07:50]:

> > > Better and more secure than what?
> >
> >  I want to CLOSE and SECURE the server the maximum i can.....
>
> Three simple steps:
>
> 1) Approach the server you want to secure.
>
> 2) Grasp the power cord which is plugged into the computer about 6 inches
> from the point of connection between the cord and computer.
>
> 3) Sharply pull the cord in a direction perpendicular to the surface in
> which the power cord is embedded.

This is bad advice; power cords should only be unplugged by grasping the
plug directly and pulling it straight out of the wall, never by pulling
on the cord itself.  This can result in breaking the cord, which in turn
can result in electrocution and/or fire.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/