Re: Where to place firewall files?

Hello to all!

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 07:40:08AM +0200, Martynas Domarkas wrote:
> > Debian has a nice script called /etc/init.d/iptables.
> 1.  What package is it in?

This script is located in  >>iptables<< as far as I know!

Call all iptable-commands as you request and call

/etc/init.d/iptables save active

and your firewall will be restored after the next reboot!

You might want to create other tables?
Save them with
/etc/init.d/iptables save [name]

and you can call them with
/etc/init.d/iptables load [name]
within any script afterwards!

> 2.  Does it work with the 2.2 kernel (ipchains)?  (I set up
> these firewalls before Woody stabilized.)

No, this script only works with iptables! I think the ipchains-deb includes a script with the same funtionality, but I am not sure!
--
My PGP-Key is located at:

http://www.holle.ath.cx/gpgkey.txt
http://www.verwayen.de/documents/gpgkey.gpg