Re: Where to place firewall files?

Debian has a nice script called /etc/init.d/iptables. Just free all your
rules and type:

# /etc/init.d/iptables save inactive

Then setup all your rules ant save them:

# /etc/init.d/iptables save active

After this you can free your rules with:

# /etc/init.d/iptables stop

and start them again whith:

# /etc/init.d/iptables start

Your firewall will start automaticaly on startup.

Another way is to use "up command" from interfaces. You can set up your
firewall when an interface comes up. Just place your rules in an
executable script and add one line to /etc/network/interfaces:

auto eth0:1
 iface eth0:1 inet static
 	address 192.168.0.2
 	netmask 255.255.255.0