Re: iptables / bridge mode

[...]
    FS> Don't forget the arp table cache, it takes some time to expire
    FS> and at least the router your ISP installed at your site will
    FS> make some trouble with this, means a host which had a
    FS> connection open won't regain it that fast as you might expect.

Yes, you may need to use arping for this.   It should be in
iputils-arping package.  You can incorporate this into your scripts
if it turns out you need it.  The dafult arp cache timeout for Cisco
is very long (4 hrs, if I remember correctly) but gratuitous arp does
work and updates the cache.

cheers,

BM