Re: Iptables generic broadcast filter

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 02:46:50PM +0100, Alex Ongena wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to drop all broadcasts on INPUT in a generic way
> without knowing in advance on which subnet/netmask my
> appliance is.

sorry for the late reply,

you may want to consider using the 'pkttype' patch from patch-o-matic.
You can then use something like

iptables -A INPUT -m pkttype --pkttype BROADCAST -j DROP

--
- Harald Welte / laforge@gnumonks.org               http://www.gnumonks.org/
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long