Re: Two NE2000 equivalent cards in one machine

On 08/15/2002 01:49:44 PM "Chris Evans" wrote:
>> Installed Woody with 2.4.18-586tsc kernel on old machine with two
>> NE2000 equivalent ISA network cards (different manufacturers).  I can

I have a machine with the exact same configuration, except I have two ne2K
cards from the same mfgr.
And it's running the same kernel you are, and running a recently updated
"unstable", although you're running "stable".
At this time my machine is only plugged in on one ether-port.

>> Does someone have modutils & lilo entries that work for this?  I

>From my /etc/modules file:
#noauto
ne io=0x300,0x320 irq=10,12

No strange lilo entry required.

This should give you the idea of what the parameters should look like.

I configure them both via P-n-P to those parameters, of course.  You may
chose to use a DOS configurer program or perhaps your cards are old enough
to have dip switches.

The nictools-nopci package contains ne2k-diag which may or may not be
useful for your purposes.