Re: ipchains / upgrade to woody

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Marco Antonio wrote:
[snip]
> everything was ok: Ipchains start to log everything to the console, making it
> virtually unusable. I tried to switch to the other virtual consoles (alt-f1-
> f12), but the same happened, everything was logged to all of the consoles.

Ah, I'm not the only one. I thought I did something wrong when installing
woody on my firewall.
I've got exactly the same problem you describe, only I've got a cleanly
installed woody with bf2.4 and iptables.

> Ahn, and ipchains is still logging to the log files in /var/log.
>
> Any help in stopping this?

No clue yet, but I've mostly worried about correct and strict rules.
It doesn't spill on an ssh-session though.

regards,
Thomas
--

	The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is
	really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.