Re: Basic firewall questions

Hi!

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 06:54:35PM -0700, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> firewall box should not also function as a server).  In the HOWTO it
> mentions how to set up port forwarding by adding some IPTABLES
> statements in /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall, but this file does not exist.
>
> Is there an equivalent configuration file in Debian?  I tried creating

with /etc/init.d/iptables you can save and restore different rulesets.

dpkg-reconfigure iptables in order to have the runlevel symlinks set,
in order to have the firewall set up at boot just before networking is
set up.

then, create your port forwarding and filtering rules, and if everything
fits save it as active ruleset.

HTH
Frederik