Re: arpwatch patch [was: Re: Firewall Public IP's?]

In article <[🔎] 20020413111036.GA22585@wohnheim.fh-wedel.de>
apb@wohnheim.fh-wedel.de writes:
>Nice. I have been thinking about fiddling with arpwatch for quite a
>while now, too. I'd like to extend it so that it runs an external
>script with MAC and IP address as parameter, and include the output
>with the mail, in my case to track down the port of the
>(snmp-manageable) switch.

The -s option works for me.  (I put in a wishlist bug then closed it
after looking closer at -s)  Currently, all I'm doing is filtering out
the arpwatch messages about the proxy arps, but I do plan on interfacing
it with my existing application which pings my subnets and queries my
switches to find out what addresses are being used on which ports.