Re: arpwatch patch [was: Re: Firewall Public IP's?]

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 11:48:17AM -0700, Blars Blarson wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 20020412144336.GA22666@wohnheim.fh-wedel.de>
> apb@wohnheim.fh-wedel.de writes:
> >What exactly does that patch? Where can someone interested find it?
>
> It adds the interface to the arpwatch reports and databases.  Since
> there is still one database per interface, the latter doesn't matter
> much.  You still need to configure arpwatch to start a process for
> each interface.

Nice. I have been thinking about fiddling with arpwatch for quite a
while now, too. I'd like to extend it so that it runs an external
script with MAC and IP address as parameter, and include the output
with the mail, in my case to track down the port of the
(snmp-manageable) switch.

> See open wishlist bug #140504, which has the patch.
I'll have a look at it!

--
Ciao, Arne.
                                                                  -o)