Re: ICMP Questions for IPtables Rules

        Hi Jeff,

 interesting questions filed you have. :-)
I'd appreciate to get knowledge of your research as I did the same app. 2
years ago. As of the writing I can't tell you my results rather than
being at home and dumping my ipt rules ;-)

Besides of that: Just a syntax flaw
[...]
#  if [ $SERVERS = "1" ]
#   then
[...]
If by accident $SERVERS is not initialized in the means of
[ -n "$SERVERS" ] resolving to true your test will fail due to the syntax
issue. Recommendation is: __**always**__ use double quotes \""\" ;) in
your test rules. So the following is "secure"
if [ "$SERVERS" = "1" ];
then

        sincerely,

                Nils Radtke

--

* N.Radtke@                 * University of Stuttgart *    icq / lc   *
*      www.Think-Future.de  *    dep.comp.science     * 9336272/92045 *

   Politicians are the same all over.  They promise to build a
   bridge even where there is no river.  -- Nikita Khrushchev