Re: Setting up masquerading (not sure where the problem is happening)

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 01:59:36AM -0700, Gary Lucas wrote:
> Then trying to:
>
> luck:~# route add -net 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw <ISP's
> assigned gateway> eth1
>
> I get
> SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
>
> Any suggestions?

If eth1 is your 'private netwrok, it will not have a gateway (gw)
address in most cases - only eth0 - which connects to your isp will have
a gateway -

If you cannot find usable samples in the list archives, I would be happy
to send mine. (again)

Or as has been suggested, try one of the 'canned' firewall kits.  I have
never tried one, but here that they are quite easy to set up for basic
connection sharing such as you are building.

Have a lot of fun!

aloha,
dave