Re: Simple question - opening a port

[23 Aug 2002, 19:06:20] bauer@michaelbauer.com menulis (diringkas):
%
% Hi.  I have debian 3.0 running ipmasq and iptables.  It's a firewall
% for a home network.  I want to host a game over the net.  All I think
% I need to do is open a port for this.  I don't quite know how to do
% that!  Anyone have a pointer to a simple faq for this (or could just
% tell me!)
%
---akhir kutipan---

	I have an experience today, opening port 80/www for one of my
	inside-firewal machine. All I have to do is:

	# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp
	 	-d xxx.xxx.xxx.176 --dport www -j DNAT
		--to 192.168.1.3:80

	# iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -p tcp -d 192.168.1.3
		--dport 80 -j ACCEPT

	# iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state
		NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -p tcp --dport www -j ACCEPT

	note: xxx.*.176 is my ADSL-given IP (public).

	The first two command is explained in
		http://www.knowplace.org/netfilter/syntax.html#conf2
	for port forwarding.

	The lattest command is provided by G Wheelbarger in previous
	message for opening the port.

--
amal
iamal@gmx.net