Re: Firewall to two networks

On 08/22/2002 11:35:53 AM "Chris Evans" wrote:

>> c) if so, and given that ISP won't route packets from private
>> addresses I'm sure, how do I get iptables to rewrite the passing on
>> of the packages.

I have not done this exact config with two internal networks, but something
close to:

And don't forget an 'echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

I hear that getting two internal networks to talk to each other via a MASQ
firewall is an interesting task.

>> # /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8),
>> #auto eth1
>> #iface eth1 inet static
>> #  address 192.168.1.1
>> #  netmask 255.255.255.0
>> #  network 192.168.1.0
>> #  broadcast 192.168.1.255
>> #  gateway 217.34.100.197

Why comment these guys out  (#)?  How do they get configured?
Don't think you need that gateway entry for the internal interfaces because
your machine IS the gateway.

Here's the important part:
Post your /sbin/route -n from the firewall itself.
Also post your ifconfig from the firewall.