conntrack vs. slow modem user

[Just posted this to comp.security.firewalls when then I found out about
debian-firewall]

OK, thanks folks for pointing out the possibility that conntrack might
be timing out especially over my overloaded 31K avg. modem.
I suppose there is no way to adjust the timeout?

I also see Subject: iptables ip_conntrack bugs? (was: persistant connections?)
in linux.debian.maint.firewall
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=zh-TW&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&frame=right&th=5fd3ce547f5f6918&seekm=Pine.LNX.4.40.0201201611120.3177-100000%40cicero.axis.se

I suppose there are few rural users of this so it is another rich
north vs. poor south type problem? or maybe i'm off on a limb.

OK, I suppose I must take the conntrack stuff out of my iptables which
i recently posted here.  I suppose I will run nmap, scanning my self
from the inside of my single home computer, and just deal with those
specific ports with things listening.  or maybe i will search for how
folks got by before conntrack?  I use
Linux debian 2.4.18-k7 #1 Sun Apr 14 13:19:11 EST 2002 i686 unknown
# grep conn /proc/slabinfo
ip_conntrack          10     60    384    6    6    1
long after hanging up, whatever it means.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780