Please critique my iptables-based firewall

After reading everything I could find online regarding netfilter and
iptables, I've come up with a working firewall/masquerade/NAT script
using a 2.4.17 kernel.  I have attached the file to this message.

I know this is incomplete at best, and probably has errors as well,
which is why I'm posting it here.  I am open to any constructive
criticism of this ruleset.  I've included comments to explain the
intended purpose of each line, and I put several questions inside
as well.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Bonner