Re: Iptables and kernel version

On 25 Apr 2002, Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz wrote:
> Hi all, I'm new to this list and coudn't find the answer to this
> question at http://lists.debian.org/search.html I have just compiled
> kernel 2.4.18 with packet filtering and would like to use iptables
> like this :

You compiled in (or as modules) the filtering options and targets?
Did you compile in ipchains compatibility?
What does iptables -L show?

[...]

> Is there any conflict with iptables and this kernel version ?
> any module I should compile ??

Not specifically. Make sure that you turn on the filtering options /and/
that you enable the individual firewalling features you wanted in the
separate IPtables sub-menu while configuring the kernel.

        Daniel

--
We close our eyes and look in opposite direction.
We ignore the threats and hope they'll go away.