Re: freeswan on testing/2.4.18 kernel

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 02:06:37PM +1000, Brendan J Simon wrote:
> I tried 'type=transport' in the connection section and it had no effect :(
> I tried both with the *subnet options commented out and not commented
> out.  No difference.

I will look in to this further.  I use enpoint-to-endpoint transport
mode on some systems and have no trouble with the routing tables.  I
don't currently have a working setup between two hosts on the same
subnet, but I've done it before.  I'll set it up again and see what
happens.

> It's freeswan 1.96 BTW.

That's what I'm using.

> Has anyone got 1.96 working from the Debian distro ?
> Is it broker ??
> I might try the 1.95 stable version from the freeswan site.

The upstream version is apparently up to 1.97 at this point.  But the
Debian version should definitely work just fine.  I've found it to be
very well done and use it on most of my systems.

noah