Re: arpwatch patch [was: Re: Firewall Public IP's?]

In article <20020413211239.GA28354@wohnheim.fh-wedel.de>
apb@wohnheim.fh-wedel.de writes:
>After my mail I checked on the bugreports and started chewing on the
>code, and I can already call an external script. I think having an
>explicit way to call a script is a saner way than replacing sendmail
>with something smarter.
>But maybe one can include an option to suppress the whole message if
>the external script returns something != 0 - how would you like

Sounds good.  The -s option works, but isn't pretty.  I think that
"suppress email" and "suppress syslog entry" should be separate

The "something smarter" I have now is just a 20-line perl script that
sends the message on to sendmail if certain conditons arn't met.

My "scan the network" perl program that queries the switches isn't in
releasable shape, it has a bunch of hard-coded assumpitons about our
network.  I'd have to ask permission as well, since it was written for