Re: Monitor Bandwidth Usage by IP

About IPFM and MRTG, do:
apt-cache show ipfm mrtg | more

You don't want more info about IPFM, but for MRTG, go to
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/

I have a small script which MRTG can use to collect data from IPFM logs.
It looks like this:
--- gettr.sh ---
FILE=´/var/log/ipfm/allhosts.log´
grep ^$1[^0123456789] $FILE | awk ´{ print $2 "\n" $3 "\n" 0 "\n" $1}´
--- EOF ---
The parameter $1 is an IP, it returns absolute traffic (IN, OUT, 0, IP)
for that IP from the log FILE, separated by newlines.
MRTG can use that script as external source like
"Target[myserver]: /var/mrtg/gettr.sh 10.0.0.1".

greets
Stephan Balmer

listmaster@lists.debian.org

--
NeoMail - Webmail that doesn't suck... as much.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net