GRE, VPN and suchlike

Dear all,

I hope I am posting to the right list, if not, I apologize...

My problem is to setup a VPN between 4 W2K sites.
I am using on regular basis Debian ipchains for firewalling, and so far it works great.

But now it is time to setup GRE, tunneling, L2TP etc... And I cannot find a reference to this GRE-port-47 thing in the Debian doc.
It means that my Debian fw should pass all VPN encapsulated packets back and forth.
I am using Debian potato 2.2r5 on these firewalls kernel 2.2.19.

Has anybody any idea ?

Any help greatly appreciated

Kind regards,

Caracal - G. Hostettler