Re: Ipmasq problems

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Sabino Maggi wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Since my upgrade from potato to woody, I cannot use ipmasq when working
> on a console because I get dozens of these warnings on the active
> console:

This should be in some FAQ. I'm used to configuring all of syslog with
/etc/syslog.conf, and I couldn't figure out why those messages are sent to
the console even when I didn't ask for it there.

But it turns out that this is not syslog issuing those messages, it is
klogd. See klogd (8). I couldn't find any better way than using the
parameter -c in /etc/init.d/sysklogd

Any better way?

--
Tzafrir Cohen