Re: Exposed Host

On 2002.01.06 00:34 njacobs@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi Chad,
> I'm not sure I've completely understood your question,
> but I assume you want your firewall to do
> masquerading for some of the machines on your LAN,
> and not for others.

I already have masquerading working fine. My current setup is like this

    Internet

    eth0 = 1.2.3.4
    eth0:1 = 1.2.3.5
    Gateway
    eth1 = 192.168.0.1

   Internal Network
   192.168.0.21
   192.168.0.22
   192.168.0.23

Also, a couple of ports on 1.2.3.4 are already being forwarded to
192.168.0.21 using ipmasqadm portfw
like ipmasqadm portf -P tcp -L 1.2.3.4 80 -R 192.168.0.21 80

Now, what I would like to do is forward ALL traffic from 1.2.3.5 to
192.168.0.22 with something like
ipmasqadm portf -P tcp -L 1.2.3.5 * -R 192.168.0.22 * which doesn't work.
I've looked into a few of the port forwarding tools in the IP Masquerading
howto but they all seem to only allow forwarding of individual ports and
not blanket forwarding of all ports.

Also, it isn't practical to connect to a hub on the public network and have
it use a 1.2.3.* address directly.

Chad