Re: Exposed Host

Hi Chad,
I'm not sure I've completely understood your question,
but I assume you want your firewall to do
masquerading for some of the machines on your LAN,
and not for others.

The line in your firewall script that specifies
masqerading will be something like:
ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j MASQ

This tells your Linux kernel to masquerade all
your IP addresses in the range 192.168.1.xxx.
This is one of the IP address ranges that is
reserved for local use, i.e. not visible to
the world outside your LAN. If one of your
tenants has a public IP address it will not
be in this range and will therefore not be
masqueraded.
In other words, if you system is set up in a
normal way, you need do nothing to your
masquerading. You still need to add lines
to your script to forward packets from outside
to your tenant's IP address, of course.

I hope this helps.
Nick