From: "Jose Celestino" <japc@co.sapo.pt>
To: <debian-firewall@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: your mail

> Read this:
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/x2423.html
> And also consider using a subject on the next post. Subject-less
> messages suck.
> Thus spake -=dara=-, on Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 09:19:12PM +0100:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm a newbie, have patience.
> >
> > I'm using debian as a firewall/gateway with masquerading. And i want to
be able to connect to an internal FTP from outside (internet). Do I have to
use a ftp-gateway (such as http://www.mcknight.de/jftpgw/) or is it possible
to configure debian to make it work?

> > I'm using debian 2.2.19. ipchains for masq'ing and portfw for
portforwarding. i have forwarded port 20 and 21 so it is possble to connect
to the ftp but not to 'ls' or anytning.