ONLY 1 NIC RESPONDING ON 3 INSTALLED NICS

Hello,

I'm quite new to linux and i'cve started with a quite complicated
I'm installing a firewall with 3 nics in order to create a DMZ .
I had many problems to install the cards untill I observe the following:
Even if the NICs are properly recognized by the BIOS and during linux boot
(using dmesg),  only
one of them is working: I gave a fixed ip address to each but i can ping the
3 of them only
if one of the card is connected to our LAN. Is there an explanation ?

My kernel is now 2.4.12.
2 Asus PCI L-101NICS (using eepro100 driver)
1 REALTEK using driver ne2k-pci.

Many thanks

Mr Jihad SPIRIDON
IT Consultant