Re: need iptables firewall

* Antropov Anton (dicobraz@mail.ru) [010912 21:09]:

It's even easier than that! On woody, a simple apt-get install
kernel-image-2.4.9 should do it for you. My strong recommendation to you
is to fire up dselect, take a few minutes to read the help screens
whenever they pop up (and whenever you need it) because it's admittedly
not the most intuitive. Select kernel-image-2.4.9 from there and watch
that it tells you that you need to upgrade the packages Antropov
mentioned. After that you can also select iptables and whatever else you
might find useful (netcat, nmap, etc.) and deselect things you might not
want like telnetd. When you're all finished, tell it to install and
you'll have a working customized system and a much better knowledge of
how the packaging system works and of some of the dependencies of some
of your more important packages. It won't be trivial, but it will be
worth it.

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.