Re: different drawings/representations of this setup...

Quoting Jeff Sheinberg on Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:42:46AM -0400:
> Michael Perry writes:
> [snip]
>  > The firewally box possesses one IP, the webserver would possess another
>  > static IP.  Since I will not have more than the webserver initially, I will
>  > probably use a cross over cable from the third nic on the firewall box to
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  > the webserver.
> [snip]
>
> Hi,
>
> FYI, I have damaged 2 different Linksys LNE100TX nics using a
> cross-over cable.
>
> I now use a hub without any problems.
>
> HTH,
> --
> Jeff Sheinberg  <jeffsh@erols.com>

Hi-

Thanks for the followup.  I originally did not have a smaller hub but I
went ahead and ordered a cheapo one after reading this.  Last thing I
need is to damage cards because of a cable.

--
Michael Perry | "Do or do not; there is no try" Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://lnxpowered.org (soon to come)