Re: portforwarding of udp + tcp

Check out xinetd.

Why didn't it work through iptables?

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $EXT_IF -p udp -d $EXT_IP --dport 53 -j DNAT
--to-destination $INTERNAL_SERVER

and make sure you also have it allowed to pass through the FORWARD chain with something like

#forward traffic
iptables -A FORWARD -i $EXT_IF -o $INT_IF -p udp -d $INTERNAL_SERVER --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
#reply traffic
iptables -m state -A FORWARD -o $EXT_IF -i $INT_IF -p udp -s
$INTERNAL_SERVER --sport 53 --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

(beware, those are just off the top of my head, not tested)

Vineet

* HGS: Buchleitner Martin (mb@hgs.at) [010702 14:29]: