Re: VPN and @Home

Thanks for your advice, Michael. I will get it working like you proposed, I
think. Our general ideas are the same, the exact outlines are just a bit
different.
BTW: if I add routes and the tunnels and if I don't add some ipchain-rules
for the tunnels and new routes, the packets to the A and B networks will be
dropped, won't they? My firewall affects ALL ip-packets that go through my
server, I certainly hope...

Anyway; Andre, here in Netherlands, or at least in the east, Essent is the
owner/supplier of the cable-services (and among these is @Home) Their
general setup is a backbone with in every region a mainframe; to these large
hub's/mainframes or whatever all local routers are connected. Within one
town there are several routers. My problem is in these routers;
mine is 213.51.198.1; friend A uses the same and friend B uses another
gateway/router (dunno which one actually). All traffic coming from the
client-side of the router is routed to the Internet and back but all traffic
destined to a client that uses the same router is dropped.
I haven't tried a portscan on the router (yet) because I'm not aware of the
risks involved (what will happen if they see me performing that scan?? You
bet they won't like it a lot...) Any suggestions on how to perform such in a
stealthy way? It will make things a lot easier if I can use the shortest
route to network A.

Greetz, and thanks a lot so far for all contributions,

a happy Mythiq.

 ; )