From: Vineet Kumar [mailto:debian-security@virtual.doorstop.net]
Sent: 21. juni 2001 20:05
To: debian-firewall@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: iptables

Do you want your machine to act as an ethernet hub? (duplicating all
packets coming on on one interface out on the other)

You might be interested in setting it up as a bridge, sort of like a
switch between two non-switched half-networks. There's a mini-HOWTO
available for bridge setup here:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Bridge.html

Otherwise, to just plainly forward things from one interface to the
other with no NAT, that's really a routing task, not an iptables task.
Just make sure you have ip forwarding enabled and that your routing
table is set up to send packets destined for each network on the
correct interface. All you'll have to do with iptables is ensure that
they're ALLOWed to pass through the FORWARD chain.

If you want a more detailed answer, please provide some more details
(i.e. which subnet addresses you're using on which interfaces).

Vineet

* Anders Gj?re (Anders@oslo.kvalito.no) [010621 14:08]: