Re: Firewalling with DHCP client

Moin,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 11:05:09AM -0600, Stefan Srdic wrote:
> I'm still working on my Netfilter script, its almost complete but I
> still have to figure out how to work around my dynamic IP address.
> My host has an ADSL connection and is configured via DHCP using pump.

[ From the book "linux firewalls"]
Every time the IP Changes pump rewrites the /etc/resolv.conf and can
call a script. Add a line like the following to your /etc/pump.conf

script /etc/pump.skriptname

There are three Parameters transfered to the script:

$1	Reason
$2	Interface
$3	New IP

Hope that helps,