Re: icq through masqueraded firewall /socks4

> >It used to work with just port forwarding but since upgrading to
> >icq 2000b, user to user file transfers and voice messages
> >don't work anymore.
> >

> My understanding is you need to specify in ICQ the ports to use and then setup your portforwarding appropriately.

Yeah I used to do that and it used to work, but now it doesn't.  And
the firewall configuration preferences in ICQ have become way
more complicated and there's basically no help on the website.  :(

I thought I'd try SOCKS4 because I could get a debian server and it
at least had some help on the ICQ website for setting it up.

--
Paul Haesler                    paul@haesler.dyndns.org