Re: Problems filtering UDP with Netfilter

Stefan Srdic wrote:

> I'm attempting to filter all UDP datagrams under the 1023 port range.
> When I use the script below I cannot ping my ISP's web site or even surf
> the net. DO I have a malformed chain or am I missing an essential
> service?

[I only know ipchains but there is no reason that the behaviour is
different with iptables]
You're missing the essential fact that as soon as a rule matches, all
the following rules are ignored. You're thinking the other way: "the
last rule that matches prevails".

                                              ^

> > > Try "#!/bin/sh -x" instead.

BTW, "man sh" explains -x on the second page!