RE: Security: port-fw vs. ip-aliasing

It seems that Stan Kaufmann thought about the same problem here.
To make it clear, I really appreciate a DMZ :-) but I wonder how to get the
packets in there. At least as far as I understood the topic I have two
choices: port-forwarding (if my mail.x.com domain and my www.x.com domain
are on one ip-adress) or ip-aliasing (if my mail.x.com domain and my
www.x.com domain are on different ip-adresses).

Pros & Cons:
Port-forwarding:	+simple firewall-ruleset (thanks Cory)
			-one can?t access own DMZ- webservices
			 easily (spoofing - see Corys mail on that)
			-only one service per port
ip-aliasing		-complex firewall-ruleset
			+can access own DMZ-webservices? (request for
			 confirmation here)
			+using all the payed ip-adresses :-)

Did I miss some important points?

Looks like forwarding is the best option - if you only need one service on
every port.

Thanks for all your feedback,

tom