Re: additional question Re: strange nat behaviour (solved)

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 06:41:36PM -0400, Greg Teigue wrote:
> my question is "why is this necessary?"
> I have several Debian(stormix-hail) firewall/gateway servers running through
> DSL and all of them have a MTU 1500.  none of them have the problems that
> you all seem so familiar with.  they all work beautifully like Debian should
> ;)
> is this something (lame) with pppoe (which i do not use)?  and if so, why do
> people allow their ISP's to force them to use pppoe?

it seem that when you encapsulate ppp over ethernet 8 byte for the frame
so it starts a ppp with a link of 1492 .
i never saw another configuration for pppoe.

samuele
--
Samuele Tonon  <samu@linuxasylum.net>
Undergraduate Student  of  Computer Science at  University of Bologna, Italy