ipt_MIRROR

I think the mirror target extension for iptables is rather amusing.

Any problems people see before I make all unmatched packets (ie policy) mirrored, instead of dropped?

I suppose someone could intentionally send me spoofed packets saying they are 'from' someone.  Then my system sends them back to where they came 'from'.  The result is a bounced attack?

Is there a safer way to do this, or is dropping the packets the best?  Does rp_filter protect against this?

Thanks,
Cory