Re: How to apply kernel-patch-freeswan the Debian way?

Hi!

> > 	BTW, I'd recommend you to get a Kernel 2.2.18 proper (stock,
> > 	Linus version) and not a Debian's patched kernel (or at least,
> > 	evaluate the patches applied by Debian, deciding if you need
> > 	them).
>
> If you're upgrading, why not go to 2.2.19prex (latest is 17), I've
> had real good luck with the 19pre series (and 2.4.2ac at work - waiting
> till the scsi bug is surely gone before I install it at home).  There
> are performance *and* security reasons to go the whole nine yards

I install new software if I know, what I am doing, if I don't care about the
results or if I trust someone else.
The plain vanilla X.Y.Z kernels are usually tested well enough that I trust
Linus. The pre-Kernels are the testing ground, how should someone with
limited knowledge install these on an important machine?

Of course, if I know what I am doing, this does not apply.

Jörn

--
Release early. Release often. And listen to your customers.