Re: 2 Nic cards

Eileen Orbell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am building a debian firewall box as a senior project.  What is the best
> way to install and config 2 Nic cards (PCI Linksys)  Would I install one
> before I install Debian?  Then install the other or probe for both during
> the install?  Any other things I need to consider.
>
> Thanks

Since both are PCI it doesn't really  matter.The module should detect
them both.
just make sure you have PCI IRQ sharing OFF since the Linux kernel
doesn't work
very well with it ON.Other then that it's just the first guessing which
card is
eth0  and which is eth1.Set in BIOS PnP OS to no and you should be fine.
I was running 2 Linksys LNE 100TX with Debian for months in the same box
without problems.