Re: VPN & Windows Client

Hello,

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 11:59:34PM -1000, Brian Russo wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 10:49:46AM +0100, Jean-Francois JOLY wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >   First of all, excuse me for this off topic subject.
> >
> >   I want to set up a VPN with Windows Clients. I want it:
> >   - encrypted (of course)
> >   - key authentificated
> >   - Open Source
> >   - cheap
>
> http://sites.inka.de/sites/bigred/devel/cipe.html
> CIPE
>
> it's encrypted, linux/windows clients, open source, basically it
> passes around encrypted udp packets. *shrug* it's GPL, you can
> always hack it to suit your needs.
[...]

CIPE is a good choice but currently don't support neither non-x86 platforms
nor key authentification. the current version (1.4.3 imho) works stable for
days and even on low bandwidth.

I never head of windows supporting cipe nor tools providing cipe encrypted
connections. so you have to setup a box in the network of the windows
client, what probably is not a good idea...

--
Read U!
mAsq