Re: VPN & Windows Client

Hi!

On 2 Mar 2001, at 13:35, Hans-Joerg Hoexer wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 12:16:24PM +0100, Jean-Francois JOLY wrote:
> >   NAI has a PGP Desktop Security software that is doing it but the
> >   price is about 300$ per PC.
>
> PGPfreeware651int is for free.

That is true, but the pgpnet-client from the PGP-Freewareversion don't
supports the tunnel mode, which you need for "real" VPN.

BTW. there exist a X.509 patch for FreeS/WAN to use RSA authentication based
on X.509 certificates.
http://www.strongsec.com/freeswan/

Links for instructions to setup IPSec between WinXX and FreeS/WAN
http://jixen.tripod.com/
http://tirnanog.ls.fi.upm.es/CriptoLab/Biblioteca/InfTech/InfTech_CriptoLab.htm

Please give me reports on successful Win2K<->FreeS/WAN connections. Thanks!

bye Josef
--
 BERGMANN engineering & consulting  http://bec.at/

       Reason, too late perhaps, may convince you of the folly of
       misspending time.
                                        - George Washington