Portsentry in Advanced stealthmode

Hello,

I'm using portsentry on Debian Potato. Now there is one problem.
The following line out of the portsentry configuration file tells
`portsentry -atcp' and `portsentry -audp' not to scan above the first 1024
ports.

ADVANCED_PORTS_TCP="1024"
ADVANCED_PORTS_UDP="1024"

Only one thing.. it doesn't work, my logfiles are still full of messages
about higher ports, like 2301 (Compaq http??) and so on.. I have been forced
to make a few very strict rotationscripts, because my filesystem just got
full within 2 days (the disk isn't that big, but still quiet impressive with
800MB ;) )

Has anyone experienced the same sort of thing, or does anyone know how to
solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Tijl