Re: firewall and ip-masquerading

To quote Terry Carney <tcarney@selterra.com>,
# You may have to recompile a new kernel with the firewalling and
# masquerading features enabled. If you have the kernel source installed
# cd to /usr/src/linux and run 'make menuconfig' and browse through
# all the choices and read the help screens.

'make xconfig' would be better if you can use X. 'make menuconfig' hides
options that are not currently available. When I say "not currently
available", I mean that something else needs to be switched on for that
particular option to show up. If you're not familiar with what's
availble(as the original poster seemed to imply), then it's much better
to know everything that is available, hence 'make xconfig'.

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)