Re: Static Routes in Debian

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 09:49:03AM +1030, Paul Schulz wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to figure out where to put static routes under Debian.
>
> The /etc/network/interfaces talks about an optional 'gateway'
> address.. (default gateway).

Both the above an below locations are correct...however, below is older.  The directories below are run using the run-parts command/script.  If you use sid, go with the above format.  For more info check out `man interfaces`...especially the pre-up, up, down, and post-down parts...

> I have one machine which has some mysterious directories in
> /etc/networking:
>
>   if-down.d
>   if-pre-up.d
>   if-post-down.d
>   if-up.d
>
> [I say mysterious, because it was a machine that I installed
> 2.4.0-test9 on, and I had to install a whole stack of other packages
> to get iptables to work.. this was a while ago.]
>
> They don't exist on any of my other Debian 2.2 machines.
> These directories seem to be the right place to put a static route
> creating script... but I don't know how they're called either.
> I'm familiar with the /etc/ppp/ip-up.d directory (and runparts).
>
> Paul
> --
> Paul Schulz, pschulz@foursticks.com.au
> Foursticks Systems Pty Ltd, http://www.foursticks.com.au
> 2/259 Glen Osmond Road, FREWVILLE South Australia 5063
> Phone +61 8 8338 5500, Fax +61 8 8338 5511, Mob +61 401 981 301
	--xsdg

--
Please set "Reply-to"...it is very helpful...

/ What has four legs and an arm?                    \
\      A happy pit bull.                            /
/    http://xsdg.hypermart.net|xsdg@softhome.net    \