RE: newbie networking

First, thanks to all who have replied with suggestions! I will try these
out this evening and, I hope, get things up and running from the client
side.

Garry, what I am trying to accomplish is to be able to start a dialup
session from my client using the a modem connected to the server. I could
run apps on the server, but it seems best to run apps on the client and not
the server.

Now, I've just got this little network I'm trying to learn with, not a
fancy corporate server or anything like that, so I could just run stuff on
the server. But, I'm trying to learn the correct way to setup a network.

So, to answer your question, I think it would be like accessing a CDROM
drive on a network. I like the idea of the session terminating after being
idle for a period of time. Could you send a copy of your chat script?

mheyes

Garry Robertson <Garry.Robertson@Red-Letter.com> on 01/30/2001 11:21:05 AM