Re: Redirecting internal hosts on external IP.

Stuart Grimshaw wrote:

> I've set up a small firewall for our office, giving the firewall the same
> IP as the old mail server (which now has a private IP)
>
> I've set up port forwarding and external hosts get forwarded with no
> problems at all, however when a machine with one of the private IP's tries
> to access the external IP it doesn't get forwarded.
>
> Either the firewall howto or the masquerading howto suggests using redir2
> to get around this problem, well I've tried that without success.
>
> I'm sure others must have a similar scenario, what methods did you employ
> to overcome it?

IIRC, internal LAN should be masqueraded for this to work flawlessly...
Port forwarding is used for external to internal access only.

My 2 eurocents...

--
Christophe "CHiPs" PETIT <chips@chips.fr.eu.org>   http://chips.free.fr/
Linux-Nantes: Partagez Votre Savoir   http://www.linux-nantes.fr.eu.org/