Re: IPMasqing firewall with a Windows client problem

On Friday 19 January 2001 16:40, Matthew H. Ray wrote:

> I've tested the cables, switched the hub connections, switched out
> network cards and reinstalled the drivers on the windows box several
> times.
>
> Anyone want to take a shot at solving this one?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt Ray
> slack@linuxfreak.com

Not exactly an expert analysis, but I did see something about this kind of
problem covered in the troubleshooting section of the DSL howto.  You might
have to reduce the MTR (is that right?) that the firewall will send, or a
router just outside your firewall will drop the larger packets.

I'm pulling this out of my memory because I'm about to go home, but take a
look at that section, I think it may be key.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.